I will admit that I haven't been working on this blog for a long time. I did so much research in finding ways to make my blog successful that I didn't do any work in my own blog. I got involved in a few mental health advocacy groups last year. It was great and I felt like I was contributing but I eventually lost confidence in myself. I had the ideas, but I had no direction or help in implementing them. I felt helpless for a long time, as if I couldn't do anything without an authority to back me up.
Then I attended another group a couple weeks ago, and it clicked. My experience in the mental health system (network) were invaluable! There are differences in how people are treated and not enough is being done to reach out to those who depend on it.
I decided to try again, but not to be some instant viral star, but to share my experience and share as many resources as possible. I started redoing this site a few days ago.
After spending a long time getting things to work, I have moved this blog from WordPress to b2evolution because it has more built in features that don't require dozens of plugins. Everything is being reworked from scratch, so it will be easier you (the reader) to find stuff.
- The Resource category (WordPress) has its own section in the manual (wiki). Every listing from community mental health providers to everyday resources will be in a separate section.
- All posts will be in the Blog. This will include updates for community events and laws (legislation).
- I will share my personal experiences in a separate category (TBA). It's something to think about and not a substitution for a doctor's visit.
- Images that include events (that I attend) and weekly affirmations will be in the gallery.
- There will be a few standalone pages: Contact and About. There will be a privacy page when I add sharing buttons to the posts.
This blog/site is a work in progress. I hope I can get things set up and settled shortly (this time).